1 lb. hamburger
15 oz can Ranch Style beans
15 oz can Spanish Rice
Grated cheddar cheese
Brown hamburger and onion; drain excess fat. Add Beans and rice, heat. Sprinkle with cheese; bake at 350 until melted. (I usually just put the lid on the skillet and heat until the cheese is melted.)
Hot Dog Rollups
Here’s a quick and easy lunch or dinner that can be prepared with the help of your children.
1 package of hot dogs
1 can crescent rolls
Unroll crescent rolls one at a time. Roll the crescent roll around a hot dog and place on baking sheet. Bake according to directions on crescent roll container. Prep Time: 5 minutes, depending on speed of your child!
Trail Blazers Wrap
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup yogurt
1 cup granola
Spread peanut butter over two tortillas. Drizzle honey over peanut butter to taste. In bowl, mix together 1 sliced banana, 1/4 cup vanilla or banana yogurt and 1 cup granola. Divide mix between tortillas, wrap, and eat.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
1 package brownie mix
1 package Oreo cookies
Make brownies using 1 package brownie mix by folllowing package directions to mix together in a large mixing bowl. After mixing add crushed oreo cookie crumbs and stir. Bake according to package instructions. When cool add cream cheese frosting and then add more cookie crumbs on the top.
Source: *Recipe submitted by Chelsey H. at www.easy-kids-recipes.com
One 11-ounce package (8) refrigerated breadsticks
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Cheese dip or prepared mustard (optional)
1. Gently pull or roll each breadstick on a clean surface to make a 20 inch rope.
2. Shape each rope into a pretzel by crossing one end over the other, forming a circle and leaving 4 inch tails.
3. Holding a tail in each hand, twist once at the crossover point.
4. Carefully lift the tails and place over the center of the circle.
5. Place the ends of the tails over the circle edge and tuck them about 2 inches apart.
6. Brush each with melted butter.
7. If desired, stir together the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pretzels.
8. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until pretzels are golden.
9. Cool on a wire rack.
10. If desired, serve with cheese dip and /or mustard.
For each serving: The night before, chill cheese dip, if using. In the morning, pack 1 pretzel and 1 to 2 tablespoons cheese dip and/or mustard, if using, with a frozen juice box or ice pack.
Category: Picnic Recipes